Born into an Onslow fishing family, Peter Manifis has lived and breathed food, especially seafood, from a very young age.
He was raised in robust Greek Australian culture enjoying the plentiful shared meals that come with a family full of passion and love. It was this upbringing that led Pete to pursue a fruitful career as an accomplished chef in Perth’s restaurant scene.
Between the awards, accolades and success he enjoyed, Pete struggled personally at times and fought hardships that almost made him lose sight of some of the amazing things life has to offer.
But the constant, his driving force, has always been food and seafood. With a brand new perspective, Pete looks to the future with a focus on food education, sustainable fishing and farming practices, supporting local and eating indigenous.
Pete is currently Head Chef at Seafood Nation and can be found at local foodie events promoting our great state of Western Australia.
In September 2019, Pete was appointed Culinary Director at the newly relaunched Kailis’ Fishmarket Cafe in Fremantle, cementing his successful re-entry into the cooking world as well as a changing of the guard.
When it comes to food, Pete is available to talk, discover, educate, inspire, share, mentor, champion and always, to cook.
Meet our Chefs
- Natalie AdamsHead Chef & Owner Mataya Eatery
- Empyrean Education InstituteHospitality Training College
- Simon ReidNational Hotel, Old Courthouse
- Rohan ParkExecutive Chef Old Youngs Distilling
- Amanda YongChef/Head Pastry Chef of Cooee Restaurant
- Vincent LimCook & Chef Institute Europe, Ambassador Tourism WA
- Caroline TaylorSwan Valley Food Ambassador
- Peter ManifisExecutive Group Strzelecki Group (Cucina Italia, Oceanic Bar + Grill, Two40Three Bar & Grill, Coventry Seafood Bar & Grill, The Harbour Terrace Bar & Grill, Kaldi Café, Seafood Nation, Coventry Seafoods)