My background is agriculture so I have a true appreciation for ‘paddock to plate’.
My ‘cheffing’ journey is somewhat self-taught. I knew what food mattered to people and how I wanted our venue menu to come together for breakfast & brunch. Since the day we opened Mataya in Mandurah (4 years ago), I’ve always been hands on with our kitchen team, write our menus, recipes and run our catering side of the business with offsite event set up.
Food shouldn’t be hard, it shouldn’t be a long listing of ingredients. Start with quality, respect it then just enjoy what food is really about – dining with great company.
Meet our Chefs
- Natalie AdamsHead Chef & Owner Mataya Eatery
- Empyrean Education InstituteHospitality Training College
- Simon ReidNational Hotel, Old Courthouse
- Rohan ParkExecutive Chef Old Youngs Distilling
- Amanda YongChef/Head Pastry Chef of Cooee Restaurant
- Vincent LimCook & Chef Institute Europe, Ambassador Tourism WA
- Caroline TaylorSwan Valley Food Ambassador
- Peter ManifisExecutive Chef Strzelecki Group (Cucina Italia, Oceanic Bar + Grill, Two40Three Bar & Grill, Coventry Seafood Bar & Grill, The Harbour Terrace Bar & Grill, Kaldi Café, Seafood Nation, Coventry Seafoods)